posted Apr 10, 2012, 4:51 PM by Eddie Woo
- It is wonderful to be able to report after 35 days as principal of the jewel in the crown of the public education system, that the reality lives up to the rhetoric of excellence. Amazing students, amazing staff, amazing programs, amazing parents! It is a joy to observe the students in the classrooms, in their range of co-curricular activities, in the playgrounds and in their various groups around the school, working together, discussing their learning, of just having fun.
- The school is in full swing for the production of ‘Anything Goes’ – you would all remember the intensity of last minute rehearsals!
- Elizabeth Macgregor, Director, Museum of Contemporary Art, spent Wednesday at the school as part of Education Week’s Principal for a Day program. She observed Years 11 and 12 Visual Arts classes, toured the school, the Year 10 playground artists and artworks. She observed a drama class, and met with student s and staff. She addressed students in the lecture theatre on her role, her passion for art and future directions for the MCA. Staff and students were interested in her Leadership journey and how she overcame the challenges, especially our Olympiad students, the prefects and the graduates of our Leadership Program. We look forward to continuing our relationship with the MCA.
- Students at James Ruse have continued to have a global perspective and a wonderful social conscience. This week they participated in the following competitions: Rio Tinto Science; Business Studies; GERRIC. They also took part in Amnesty International; chess; Interact; Scrapbooking; Knitwits; Focus; Film Club; voice classes; Waterwatch; a recycling and worm farming workshop; TREE; and the Anime club, as well as church services on Thursday morning.
- Last week the list included: the ICAS Science Competition, the Premier’s Reading Challenge, debating, musical rehearsals, ushering and program selling preparations, working in the canteen, preparing for the cadet bivouac in the Blue Mountains on the weekend, the lunchtime Focus groups, Zone cross country, preparation from the 3 on 3 Basketball run by prefects, MATHSEARCH, Olympiad training and the “Lord of the Weeds Competition”. All these, as well as assessments. A wonderful achievement!
- We have been managing some technology challenges in the past few months. However, the Department is assisting us in a performance audit of out Internet public face, our Intranet and our infrastructure. Some enhancements will follow!